We've had an exciting week at our house so I haven't been able to post as much as I'd like...which means that now I have to catch everyone up on everything we've been doing!!!
1) We received postcards from California and Maine (thanks to friends of mine from high school---Army brats unite!!!)
2) We received one packet of information from a state...North Dakota, to be exact. They sent us a big fold-out map of the state and a one page information sheet. (I'll try to scan it and post it later) My daughter was thrilled to open it and read through all of it.
3) Studying the states....I've decided we're going to write down the names of all the states and put them in a bowl. The kids will be drawing one once a week to study. I let them pick the first one though just to peak the interest. Their choice......Hawaii. Their reasoning....it's warm and sunny there and freezing here. We went to the library and cleaned out all the books on Hawaii and got a couple videos too. (Video from the library coming soon)
No comments:
Post a Comment